Sunday, February 15, 2015

IFT6266 Week 5

The convent has gone no farther this week since massively overfitting, but I had a few interesting discussions with Roland about computationally efficient pooling which should be useful once I solve my current issues.

I also got the convolutional VAE working for MNIST. If I can get a good run for CIFAR10 it might also be useful to slap a one or two layer MLP on the hidden space representation to see if that gets above 80% for cats and dogs. If not it would also be fun to train on the dataset itself, folding in all the data and then finetune for prediction. This is a sidetrack from "the list" but could be fruitful.

Here are some samples from the ConvVAE on MNIST (also a link to the current code here https://gist.github.com/kastnerkyle/f3f67424adda343fef40/9b6bf8c66c112d0ca8eb87babb717930a7d42913 ).


No comments:

Post a Comment